Summer-autumn is the hottest time for harvesting vegetables, berries, fruits, mushrooms, herbs. Surely, every housewife has her favorite conservation.
We offer to prepare a very tasty and healthy cabbage salad for the winter. It is prepared very simply and quickly from available, and inexpensive products. Perfect with boiled porridge, mashed potatoes, meat and fish.
- Cabbage – 800 g.
- Sweet pepper – 900 g.
- Onion – 250 g.
- Carrots – 350 g.
- Tomatoes – 1 kg.
- Vegetable oil – 250 g.
- Sugar – 100 g.
- Salt – 50 g.
- Table vinegar 9% – 100 ml.
Cooking time: 60 minutes. Yield: 7 cans of 500 g.
How to cook:
1. Rinse the cabbage and blot with a napkin from water. Next, cut it into thin strips and move it to a suitable large bowl.
For cutting cabbage, you can use a sharpened sharp knife or a special vegetable cutter.
2. Sweet pepper will suit any variety and color. Free the vegetables from the seeds. Rinse well and cut into strips. Add to cabbage.
3. Peel and rinse the bulb. Cut into strips and add to vegetables.
4. Grind the peeled and washed carrots on a coarse grater. Add to cabbage.
5. Sort the tomatoes, remove the defective fruits. Rinse well. Cut into large pieces. Add to the rest of the ingredients.
6. Pour in sugar and salt. And then pour in odorless vegetable oil and table vinegar. Mix well.
7. Prepare jars with lids. Rinse the container well with soda, rinse with running water and sterilize. The resulting salad must be added to pre-cleaned jars. Tamp down so that the vegetables are covered with juice.
8. Cover with sterile lids. Place a piece of cloth on the bottom of a deep saucepan. Move all jars. Pour cold water up to shoulders. Send to fire. From the moment of boiling, sterilize for 20 minutes.
9. Close tightly and turn over. Next, you need to wrap the jars with a blanket and let cool.
The dish is ready. Such a blank is perfectly stored and will delight the whole family in the winter.