Vinaigrette with sauerkraut is a very popular vegetable salad. You can also cook such a dish in fasting, when only root vegetables and vegetable oil are present on the table. So, to prepare a delicious vinaigrette, boil beets, carrots and potatoes in advance. You will also need pickles and sauerkraut, which, by the way, many housewives ferment on their own at home. But buying sauerkraut is not a problem either. In any supermarket you will find everything you need.
Boiled vegetables are in perfect harmony with sauerkraut and cucumbers, which makes the salad tasty and appetizing. For a light spiciness, use some green onions. If there is no green, use regular onions. For dressing, you will need vegetable oil, preferably fragrant unrefined, the vinaigrette will become even tastier.
- Boiled beets – 200 g.
- Boiled potatoes – 150 g.
- Boiled carrots – 100 g.
- Pickled cucumbers – 150 g.
- Sauerkraut – 150 g.
- Vegetable oil – 2 – 3 tbsp. l.
- Green onions – 3 – 4 pcs.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Boil root vegetables in advance – potatoes, carrots and beets. Wash the vegetables, put in a saucepan and pour cold. Bring to a boil and cook until soft over moderate heat.
Since beets cook longer than other vegetables, it is better to cook them in a separate bowl.
Boil potatoes and beets for 20-25 minutes, and beets for 35-40. Ready root crops to cool and clean. Dice potatoes and carrots.
2. Cut the pickled cucumbers into cubes, cutting off the tails.
3. Combine chopped potatoes, cucumbers and carrots in a bowl.
4. Cut the boiled beets and add to the salad.
5. Squeeze the sauerkraut lightly and also add to the vinaigrette.
6. Drizzle salad with vegetable oil, add spices to taste – salt and pepper. Mix the vinaigrette and try to make sure everything is enough.
If there is not enough acid, you can add another half of the cucumber.
7. Put the finished vinaigrette in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, then serve.
Enjoy your meal!