Meatballs Hedgehogs in sour cream sauce are incredibly juicy and soft – all this is due to stewing in sour cream sauce with tomato paste. Even a small amount of pasta in the sauce will give it a bright color, and the meatballs will turn out to be appropriate. The taste, however, will have a slight creamy (sour cream) note. You can also add vegetables to the sauce (gravy). The classic version is carrots and onions.
- Minced fillet – 300 g.
- Boiled long rice – 5 tbsp. l.
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Spices – 1/5 tsp
- Refined oil – 35 ml.
- Sour cream – 3 tbsp. l.
- Tomato paste – 2/3 tbsp. l.
- Bay leaf – 1-2 pcs.
- Fresh herbs – 3-4 branches.
How to cook:
1. Minced meat is suitable, in principle, any – chicken (more fatty) or sirloin.
Minced meat can be prepared with your own hands or you can use a store-bought 1.
Transfer it to a bowl, add salt and spices.
2. Rinse long rice in several waters, then boil in salted water until half cooked. Transfer the desired amount to a bowl with minced meat.
3. Mix everything thoroughly with a tablespoon. Now you can start forming meatballs.
4. Heat frying oil in a frying pan.
It is convenient to form meatballs with wet hands.
Spread the blanks on a hot surface and fry them for 3-4 minutes over low heat.
5. Flip the meatballs with a spatula to the other side and continue frying for 2-3 minutes.
6. Now transfer the meatballs to the saucepan, although you can continue to cook the dish in the pan – if the sides are high enough. Make a sauce of sour cream, tomato paste and water (you will need 250-300 ml). Pour the sauce into the saucepan, toss in the bay leaf.
7. Simmer the meatballs over low heat, covering the saucepan with a lid. After 30-35 minutes, the dish will be ready.
Serve with any side dish, such as mashed potatoes or buckwheat porridge.
Enjoy your meal!