Belyashi (Permyachi) on kefir is a popular Tatar dish of dough and meat. Products are formed in a round or triangular form. The dough can be yeast or unleavened, and various options for minced meat, boiled vegetables, fried onions, spices and fresh aromatic herbs are allowed as fillings.
Permiachi are fried in vegetable oil or baked in the oven. Juicy belyashi with a fried crust can often be found at street food vendors not only in Tatarstan, but throughout the former USSR. But the best option is homemade pies. We offer you a very quick and simple recipe for cooking belyash on kefir. For the filling, use a mixture of minced pork and beef.
- Minced meat – 250 g.
- Kefir – 120 ml.
- Flour – 240-260 g.
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander – 0.5 tsp
- Thyme – 0.5 tsp
- Paprika – 0.5 tsp
- Vegetable oil – 1.5 tbsp. l. in the dough + 80 ml for frying.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
- Parsley – ¼ bunch.
How to cook:
1. Put the mince into a mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper, spices and finely chopped parsley. Pour one or two tablespoons of boiled water for juiciness, mix.
2. Kefir is heated to a temperature of 50 degrees, add a pinch of salt and vegetable oil.
3. Pour the sifted flour and baking powder, knead a soft, not sticky dough.
4. Roll it into a ball and leave it under cling film for 10 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
6. Roll out each part, knead, roll into a cake with a thickness of about 2-3 mm. Put one tablespoon in the center of the cake.
7. Pinch the edges to the center of the product as in the photo.
8. Perform 2 more tucks in the same way.
9. Heat a frying pan with vegetable oil, lay out the products.
The oil should reach the middle of the whites.
Fry the products for 2 minutes over medium heat until browned.
10. Turn the belyashi, continue cooking until golden brown. Reduce the heat to a minimum, cover the pan with a lid and leave for another 4-5 minutes to ensure steaming of the raw meat filling.
11. Transfer the finished whites to a paper kitchen towel, folded several times, to get wet from excess fat. Transfer the pies to a serving plate and garnish with microgreens.