Prepare a delicious and juicy zucchini cake for your family and friends. This appetizer will fit perfectly into your weekend or holiday menu. The dish instantly stimulates the appetite and pleases the eye. Zucchini cakes are easy to fry in a pan, and for the filling you will need melted cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, herbs and tomatoes. From the available components, an unusual and memorable cake is obtained.
- Zucchini – 400 g.
- Wheat flour – 1 tbsp.
- Milk – 50 g.
- Chicken eggs – 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil – 40 g.
- Processed cheese – 150 g.
- Mayonnaise – 70-80 g.
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves.
- Tomatoes – 120-150 g.
- Dill – 5 g.
- Salt, black pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Rinse the zucchini and cut off the tails on both sides.
We recommend using young zucchini – they can not be peeled and seeds, which greatly simplifies the task of housewives. And the taste of young zucchini is more tender and tasty.
Coarsely grate the prepared zucchini and place in a deep bowl.
2. Beat in a chicken egg to the squash mass, add salt and black pepper to taste. Stir the preparation.
3. Pour a glass of flour (200 g) to the zucchini and pour in a little milk so that the dough does not come out very thick.
4. Stir the dough so that all the lumps are g1.
The dough should not be very thick, but not liquid, otherwise you will not be able to turn the cake layers over, they will tear.
5. Heat a little oil in a pan, put the dough with a spoon or ladle. For one cake is about 1.5-2 tbsp. l. squash dough. Spread the crust over the pan immediately.
6. Fry the zucchini cake on both sides over medium heat for 5-6 minutes until a golden crust appears.
Fry all the cakes in this way. From this amount of products, 4-5 cakes should be obtained, depending on the diameter of the pan.
7. Put the finished zucchini cakes on a plate and cool so that they are not hot.
8. For the filling, grate delicious processed cheese on a fine grater.
9. Grate the peeled garlic cloves there. Garlic will give the filling a pleasant spiciness and unforgettable piquancy.
10. Add mayonnaise to the filling, add a little salt to taste and pepper.
11. Mix the stuffing well and you’re d1. In this case, we do not recommend putting a little mayonnaise, the filling will be a bit dry and it will be bad to spread on the cake. If this amount of mayonnaise bothers you, just replace it with sour cream or natural yogurt.
12. Cut off the peel from the tomatoes – it can be used for decoration. Cut the tomato pulp into small cubes.
13. Lubricate the first cake layer with cheese and garlic filling. Sprinkle with finely chopped dill.
14. Spread the tomato cubes evenly.
15. Repeat these procedures with all the cakes, laying them on top of each other, forming a cake.
Decorate the zucchini cake as you wish. We decorated the cake with tomato peel and got a kind of roses.
Put the cake in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes, then serve.