If you like spicy-sweet snacks, then this delicious recipe is sure to please. Prepare delicious zucchini in a honey marinade. This dish will come in handy for a family dinner or on a festive table.
Serve chilled. Zucchini harmonizes well with meat and fish dishes, fried or baked potatoes.
- Zucchini – 600 g.
- Salt – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 5 tbsp. l. + for frying.
- Hot pepper – 1 pc.
- Bulgarian pepper – 1 pc.
- Dill – 1 bunch.
- Ground coriander – 2 tsp
- Honey – 4 tbsp. l.
- Lemon juice – 50 ml.
- Water – 50 ml.
- Garlic – 4-5 cloves.
Cooking time: 20 minutes. Servings Per Container: 2.
How to cook:
1. First of all, cook the zucchini. Use young vegetables with firm flesh. Rinse and dry well. Trim the ponytails on both sides. Cut into thin slices. It is convenient to do this with a vegetable peeler or a well-sharpened knife.
2. Move the zucchini slices to a convenient dish, and sprinkle with salt on all sides. Leave for 15-25 minutes for the vegetables to release their juices.
3. After that, rinse well with cold water and dip with a napkin from excess moisture.
4. Now the zucchini needs to be fried. For this purpose, a regular or grill pan is suitable. Grease a frying pan with a little oil and heat well. Lay out the squash tongues. Fry over high heat until golden brown on both sides.
5. Transfer to paper towels to absorb excess oil. Cool down a bit.
6. Roll into rolls.
7. Now, it’s time to prepare the honey marinade. Pour odorless oil into a deep frying pan. Warm up well. Peel the garlic and cut into cubes. Add to hot oil and sauté for about a minute. After that, move the garlic pieces to a separate plate.
8. Add lemon juice, water, honey. Stir and bring to a boil. Cook over moderate heat for 6-7 minutes.
9. In the meantime, peel the Bulgarian and hot peppers. Cut into small pieces. Add to marinade. Send garlic and coriander there. Salt a little. Stir and let boil. Boil 1 minute.
10. Lower the zucchini rolls. Keep on low heat for 4-5 minutes and remove from the stove.
11. Sprinkle with chopped dill or other herbs. Cool and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Zucchini in honey marinade is ready.
Enjoy your meal!