Cherry compote should definitely be rolled up for the winter in the summer. It turns out that such a drink tastes the same as store-bought juice in packs, only more tasty, aromatic and natural.
To make such a sweet compote, it is best to use cherries that are not too sour, although in general, this point can be corrected simply by adding more sugar. You need to put a little more than half of the cherries in the jars, this is how the compote will come out similar in taste to juice, and in general it will be more saturated in taste.
You can serve such a drink to the table for any pastries and, except for a weekday, also on a festive table. Guests will definitely appreciate such a delicious drink, and family members too.
It is best to store ready-made cherry compote in a cool and dark place. A cellar or pantry is perfect for this if you live in an apartment. The shelf life of such compote is 1-3 years.
For a 1 liter jar (more ingredients should be taken for a larger jar):
- Cherry – approximately 150-200 g (it should be a little more than half in the bank).
- Sugar – 0.5 cups.
- Water – 1 l.
How to cook:
1. Wash the cherries. If the cherry is wormy, then be sure to fill it with slightly salty water and leave for 30-40 minutes. Then rinse the berries well with clean water, put them in a jar. It is not necessary to get the pits from the cherry.
2. On top of the berries, pour sugar directly into the jar.
3. Now take 1 liter of water, pour it into a saucepan, bring to a boil. Pour boiling water into a glass jar. Do this procedure very carefully, as the jar may burst.
4. After that, take the metal cover. Bring a small amount of water to a boil in a bowl, dip the lid into it, and then cover the jar with it.
5. Take the seaming key and roll the lid tightly with it.
6. Now turn the jar of compote upside down. Wrap it in a warm blanket and leave it in this position for a day at room temperature. After that, take the compote to a dark and cool place for storage.
Here is such a bright, fragrant, healthy compote of cherries turned out!
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.