Juicy zucchini meatballs are a very tasty vegetable snack that can be prepared not only quite quickly, but also from simple ingredients. You can fry the meatballs in a pan, or you can bake them in the oven. That is why, choose the cooking method that you like best and more convenient.
When choosing zucchini at the grocery store, give preference to young vegetables. They should be bright light green in color and not large in size. If there are none on sale, then just cut the peel from the vegetables.
- Zucchini – 1 pc.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Rice – 3 tbsp. l.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – for frying meatballs.
- Premium flour – 1.5-2 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Wash the rice very well. To do this, pour and drain water from it several times. When it becomes transparent, put the pot of rice on the fire. Water should be in a ratio of 2: 1 (2 is water). Cook rice until fully cooked. Stir it occasionally with a spoon. Let the cooked rice cool down.
2. Wash the zucchini and grate it on a coarse or fine grater. Let the mass stand for about 10 minutes. Then squeeze the resulting juice with your hands.
3. Add salt, pepper, flour to the grated zucchini, beat in the egg.
4. Mix everything very well. Add boiled rice. Mix the mass again. If the mass is sparse, then add more flour and mix.
5. Pour vegetable oil into the pan, heat it up. Then put a tablespoon of zucchini-rice mass.
6. Fry the zucchini meatballs over moderate heat until a beautiful golden crust on all sides. In time, this procedure takes no more than 3-5 minutes.
7. Transfer the finished zucchini meatballs to a beautiful and bright dish. Put the chopped greens on top and serve the zucchini to the table.
The meatballs are delicious not only hot, but also cold. Such meatballs are combined with any side dishes, but you can safely serve them simply with sour cream, as they are quite satisfying.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.