If you like various delicious snacks that you can roll up in jars before winter, then you will definitely like the Korean cucumber recipe. This dish will not leave you indifferent, as the cucumbers are very crispy and spicy. They are perfect for a potato side dish and for serving to the festive table.
Since cucumbers need to be cut into small quarters during cooking, you can use fairly large vegetables, those that you did not use, for example, for pickling. Thus, you will have all the cucumbers “in business”, and at the same time a delicious snack is ready. Korean-style cucumbers are prepared very simply and quickly.
- Cucumbers – 600 g.
- Carrot – 1 pc.
- Garlic – 1-2 cloves.
- Vinegar 9% – 20 ml.
- Sugar – 20 g.
- Salt – 10 g.
- Vegetable oil – 200 ml.
- Ground red pepper – 1 tsp.
How to cook:
1. Wash cucumbers under running water. You don’t have to soak them in water, as if you were just salting them. Cut off the “bottoms” of the cucumbers on both sides. Divide each cucumber into four equal parts, and then cut each of them in half. So, you will get small and easy-to-eat slices.
2. Peel the carrots and grate. Ideally, if you have a special grater that is designed for Korean carrots. If you don’t have such a grater, then the most common, but always large, will do.
3. In a large and handy container, such as a saucepan, bowl or bucket, combine the cucumbers and carrots. Add salt and sugar to vegetables.
4. Then squeeze the garlic through a press.
5. Add red pepper.
6. Pour in the required amount of vegetable oil.
7. Pour in the vinegar.
8. Mix all the ingredients well and leave to infuse for four hours. If you have the opportunity to leave the cucumbers overnight, then that’s even better.
After the cucumbers are infused, put them in a jar. The jar must be clean, but not necessarily sterile.
9. Next, on the fire in a convenient saucepan with a small amount of water, sterilize the jar of cucumbers for about ten minutes. Roll up the lid.
Enjoy your meal!