Strudel is a puff pastry pie with various fillings popular in Europe. Baking was invented in Austria at the beginning of the last century. Over time, the recipe was transformed and supplemented with various options for dough and toppings. Strudels are prepared with sweet and savory fillings in the form of round rolls. For busy housewives, there is a simple recipe that you will spend no more than half an hour on. Try this variant of a dessert made in haste from pita bread sheets. This recipe will help you out in case of unexpected guests.
For the filling, choose juicy sour apples. In addition to apples, you can add nuts, cinnamon, cottage cheese, lemon zest to the filling and get new tastes every time. The amount of sugar can be varied according to taste. Dessert easily adapts to the requirements for dietary and proper nutrition. Just replace sugar with honey, and butter with spreadable cottage cheese. All foods must be at room temperature.
- Lavash – 100 g.
- Apples (net weight) – 280 g.
- Yolk – 1 pc.
- Sugar – 60 g.
- Vanilla sugar – on the tips of a knife.
- Butter – 60 g.
- Powdered sugar, mint – for serving.
How to cook:
1. Peel apples from insides and seeds, cut into small cubes.
2. Put the apple cubes in the pan, add sugar (30 g), butter (30 g) and vanilla sugar. Simmer until fruits are soft. Cool the filling.
3. Unfold the lavash sheet, lay on a hard surface, toasted side up. Lubricate it with soft butter.
4. Sprinkle the pita bread with the remaining sugar. Put the cooled filling on the edge of the sheet, wrap the edges.
5. Roll the product into a roll. Lubricate the edge with yolk for a secure connection.
6. Transfer the roll to a baking sheet lined with parchment.
7. Cook the product in a preheated oven at 190 degrees for 20-25 minutes until a pleasant ruddy color.
8. Cool the strudel, put on a plate for serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, garnish with mint leaves and serve.
If desired, the serving can be supplemented with a scoop of creamy ice cream, green or black tea, or coffee. The strudel has a crispy crust, sweet and sour taste and a pleasant creamy aftertaste.