The pear is a fragrant fruit with an interesting bulb shape and sweet flesh. The fruits of a ripe pear are not stored for a long time, so jams, compotes and drying are prepared from fruits. Winter preparations from these fragrant fruits are always in demand at the everyday and festive table. Let’s prepare pear compote according to a simple recipe without tedious sterilization.
In order to emphasize the aroma of fruits, mint, lemon balm, cinnamon and citrus zest can be added to pear compotes. Pear is a sweet fruit, keep this in mind when preparing a drink. It is better to slightly acidify the compote. Use natural lemon juice, orange juice or add a little citric acid. If you are not satisfied with the pale color of the drink, pear compote can be “tinted” with a hibiscus bud or a handful of raspberries if desired. Recipe for a 1 liter jar.
- Lemon zest – 2 g.
- Pears – 350 g.
- Sugar – 40 g.
- Vanillin – on the tip of a knife.
- Lemon juice – 25 ml.
- Lemon – 5 g.
How to cook:
1. Wash the lemon in running water. Using a special knife, remove a thin layer of zest.
2. Rinse the pears, remove the tail and core. Cut fruit into slices about 5-7 mm thick.
3. Wash the jar for making compote thoroughly with detergent, rinse in running water. Sterilize the container over steam for 3 minutes, boil the lid. Put the prepared pears in a jar.
4. Lay lemon zest on top, pour in freshly squeezed lemon juice.
5. Remove the bitter white flesh and pits from the lemon. Cut it into small pieces. Place lemon wedges in a jar.
6. sprinkle sugar and vanilla. Fill the jar with boiling water. Cover the workpiece with a lid, wrap it in a towel, leave for 15 minutes to warm up the raw materials.
7. Using a special lid or sieve, drain the syrup into a saucepan. Boil the syrup again and pour into a jar. Don’t worry if some undissolved sugar remains at the bottom of the jar.
8. Close the jar tightly with a lid, place the workpiece on the bottom, wrap it in a warm blanket and leave to cool.
Ready compote can be stored in an apartment for up to 3 years.
The drink is fragrant, sweet and sour, with a slight lemon aftertaste. Compote can be chilled before serving.