Zucchini caviar with carrots and garlic is a very tasty preparation for the winter, which can be easily prepared at home. It turns out such caviar is very tender and fragrant, it can be spread on bread or served as a snack or side dish. This preservation is prepared without the addition of mayonnaise, which can significantly increase the storage period. Although, believe me, such caviar on the shelf in the basement will not last long.
- Zucchini – 2 – 2.5 kg.
- Carrots – 2 pcs.
- Garlic – 2 – 3 cloves.
- Water – 125 ml.
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp. l.
- Tomato paste – 70 g.
- Salt – to taste.
How to cook:
1. For the preparation of caviar, both young and already ripe zucchini are suitable. Rinse the vegetables under water, cut off the tail (for old zucchini, you need to peel and remove the seeds) and three on a coarse grater.
2. Place the grated zucchini in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
3. Carrots are peeled, rinsed and three on a coarse grater.
4. Add the grated carrots to the pot with the zucchini.
5. Mix the vegetables well, add 125 ml of water to them, cover the pan with a lid and set to cook over low heat, periodically stirring the vegetable mass.
6. Cook the caviar for 2.5 hours, then salt it to taste, add vegetable oil and tomato paste, mix well and set to simmer further (this time we do not cover the pan with a lid).
7. After 1 hour, add squeezed (or finely chopped) garlic to the zucchini caviar and boil for another 10 – 15 minutes.
To make the caviar look like a store-bought caviar, you can beat it into a homogeneous mass using an immersion blender.
8. We lay out the finished caviar in pre-sterilized half-liter jars.
9. We cover jars with zucchini caviar with boiled lids and roll them up. Then turn them over and cover with a blanket to cool completely.
We take out the cooled preservation for storage in the basement. Such a blank can be stored in a cool place for up to two years.
Enjoy your meal!