For most of us, the busy harvesting season continues! Each hostess prepares jars with all kinds of pickles. We want to share a wonderful preparation that will come in handy in any kitchen. We will prepare tomatoes in our own juice for the winter. This is a delicious snack for any side dish, both cereal and vegetable, fried, boiled, baked meat and fish dishes. The workpiece is remarkably stored both in the cool and in the apartment. Tomatoes according to this recipe are used to prepare all kinds of dishes. These are the first and second courses, casseroles, pies, sauces.
- Tomatoes – 5 kg.
Spices per jar 1 l:
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. To prepare this blank, buy tomatoes of any variety and color. The size can be any. Tomatoes should be ripe and well dense, without mechanical damage and signs of spoilage.
Rinse the tomatoes thoroughly, looking at each fruit. Remove defective vegetables immediately.
2. To make the tomatoes more tender, you need to remove the skin from them. To do this, send a heat-resistant deep dish with water to the fire and boil. On the opposite side of the stem, make an incision crosswise. Dip a small batch of tomatoes in boiling water and hold for 50-60 seconds.
3. Remove tomatoes from boiling water and plunge into ice water for 10-15 minutes.
You can take cold tap water and add a couple of ice cubes from the freezer. Vegetables should be well chilled.
4. Now, after these water procedures, the skin is easily removed. Pry it from either side and remove. Cut the tomatoes into 2-4 pieces depending on the size of the vegetables.
5. Prepare jars in advance, most conveniently, liter. It is necessary to take the preparation of containers very responsibly, since the duration of storage of blanks depends on this. First, rinse the jars and lids well in plenty of water using soda and a kitchen sponge. Then rinse very well with running cold water to remove any remaining detergent. Boil water in a saucepan. Lower the washed lids. Let the water boil. Lay a clean rack on top of the pot. Set the jars upside down so that the resulting steam gets inside the jars. Sterilize jars for about 15 minutes. Then transfer to a clean kitchen towel, neck up. Place the tomato slices tightly together in clean, dry jars. Approximately, in the center of the jar, add salt and sugar.
6. Cover jars with lids. Place in a deep saucepan, on the bottom of which, lay a cloth napkin or a wire rack or a wooden board the size of the bottom of the pan. Pour cold water just below the pebble and send to the fire. As soon as the water in the pan begins to gurgle, note the time and cook for 15 minutes. The fire doesn’t have to be big.
7. Seal tightly with lids. Turn over and wrap well. Leave the jars wrapped until they are completely cool.
Tomatoes in their own juice are ready for the winter. Delicious preparations and successful experiments!