Adjika from apples and peppers for the winter should certainly be present in your pantry, as this is the perfect addition to almost any of the dishes, be it meat or a side dish. Moreover, it can be marinated in adjika, and other sauces, dressings, gravies can also be prepared on its basis. If you are cooking borscht, then by adding a couple of tablespoons of adjika to vegetable dressing, you will get a more perfect, bright taste.
- Sweet pepper – 2 pcs.
- Tomatoes – 500 g.
- Apples – 2 pcs.
- Garlic – 1 head.
- Carrot – 1 pc.
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Black ground pepper – 1/5 tsp.
- Vegetable oil – 60 ml.
- Table 9% vinegar – 20 ml.
- Sugar – 1/3 tsp
How to cook:
1. Since there are a lot of components, it is advisable to prepare them immediately. Wash sweet peppers, tomatoes, apples. Peel the carrots and also rinse with cool water.
2. To turn all vegetables and apples into a homogeneous mass, you must use a blender or food processor – these options are less laborious. An old proven device – a meat grinder – is also suitable. To begin with, cut the tomatoes into slices and cut out the place where the stalk is attached, send it to the blender bowl. Peel the sweet pepper from the inside, cut and send the pieces to the tomatoes.
3. Apples are suitable sweet and sour or sweet. Remove the core, chop the fruit into pieces, throw into the blender bowl along with the carrot pieces.
4. Place the peeled garlic cloves in a bowl.
5. Close the lid tightly and grind adjika products for a couple of minutes at high speed.
6. Pour the fruit and vegetable mass into the pan and boil for 20 minutes, stirring with a spatula. Make the fire minimal.
7. After 20 minutes, pour salt, sugar, spices, vegetable oil and vinegar into the pan. Gently mix everything, boil for another 10 minutes.
8. Spread the finished adjika in sterile jars to the very top. Seal the workpiece with sterile lids. Turn over and cover with a blanket for a day, then rearrange in the pantry.
Enjoy your meal!