Canned salad “Autumn” – a variant of a delicious preparation of vegetables for the winter. Preparing such a salad is very easy: chopped vegetables are mixed with spices, then stewed, immediately laid out in jars and rolled up. The salad itself does not need to be sterilized additionally, which, you see, greatly simplifies the preservation process.
It should be noted that the Autumn salad is not spicy, therefore, to give it a piquant note, if desired, you can add hot pepper.
- Cabbage – 0.5 kg.
- Sweet pepper – 0.5 kg.
- Onion – 250 g.
- Carrots – 250 g.
- Tomatoes – 0.5 kg.
- Vegetable oil – 125 ml.
- Salt – 25 g.
- 9% vinegar – 25 ml.
How to cook:
1. Rinse the cabbage under water, remove the top leaves (if necessary), and then chop it with a shredder or knife.
Cabbage should not be chopped too thin, otherwise it will boil during the preparation of canned salad.
2. Carefully remember the chopped cabbage with your hands so that it starts up the juice, then put it in a deep saucepan in which the workpiece will be cooked for the winter.
3. Sweet pepper (previously peeled from seeds) cut into strips.
In order for the blank in the jar to look bright, choose peppers in different colors.
4. Add the chopped peppers to the pot with the cabbage.
5. Cut the peeled onions into feathers, and carrots into thin slices.
6. Pour the prepared vegetables to the rest of the ingredients of the future canned salad.
7. Cut the tomatoes into medium slices/pieces. If necessary, remove the stem.
For this preparation, it is best to take hard, slightly unripe or brown tomatoes.
8. Add the chopped tomatoes to the rest of the vegetables.
9. Add salt to the salad, pour in vegetable oil (odorless) and 9% vinegar. Mix the vegetables well, cover the pan with a lid and cook the future workpiece over medium heat from the moment of boiling for 20 minutes. Stir the salad occasionally.
10. After the allotted time, spread the salad in clean, sterilized jars.
11. Close the jars tightly / roll them up with lids, dousing them with boiling water beforehand, and wrap them well until they cool completely. When the preservation has cooled, remove the workpiece in the cellar.
Such canned Autumn salad can be stored for up to three years.