Appetizer “Teschin tongue” of zucchini stuffed with tomato and garlic will surely please your guests! It flies off the table in no time!
Young zucchini should be cut into long and thin slices, breaded in flour and egg, and then fried in a pan. Fried zucchini prepared in this way can be stuffed with all sorts of fillings.
In this recipe, we will cook “tongues” with tomatoes, dill and garlic. You can experiment, for example, filling them with hard or melted cheese mixed with garlic and a little mayonnaise sauce, it will also be very tasty!
- Young zucchini (small) – 1 pc.
- Salt – 2-3 pinches.
- Large chicken egg – 1 pc.
- Wheat flour – 4-5 tbsp. l.
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves.
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp. l.
- Tomato – 1 pc.
- Dill – 3-4 sprigs.
- Vegetable oil – for frying.
How to cook:
1. Cut the young zucchini into thin slices – you can use a knife, but it is even better to use a vegetable cutter, then the slices will be very thin, they will fry faster, and it will also be easy enough to roll them into rolls.
2. Sprinkle the zucchini blanks with coarse salt – leave for 5 minutes, let it be slightly salted. For batter in a bowl, crack an egg with a pinch of salt. Pour flour into another bowl.
3. Bread the “tongues” from the tanks first in flour, and then dip each in an egg (depending on the size of the zucchini, 1 or 2 eggs may go, so it makes sense to break one first, and then the second – if necessary).
4. Place immediately in a pan with hot vegetable oil. Fry until browned on both sides – if you used a slicer for slicing, then the vegetables will be ready very quickly, and if you cut with a knife, then hold a little longer to reach the condition. Zucchini “tongues” should be soft.
5. Remove from the pan and place on a plate (preferably on paper towels first to remove excess fat). Lubricate with a small amount of mayonnaise and garlic, passed through a press. Chill the tomato slice on top and sprinkle with a pinch of chopped dill.
6. Roll up the zucchini in the form of rolls – move in the direction from the edge where the tomato slice is laid. If they do not hold their shape well, then chip off with a toothpick.
Serve the appetizer warm or cold.
Enjoy your meal!