Pickled spicy Korean-style vegetables are always in demand at the festive and everyday table. Preparing this appetizer at home is not difficult. It is only important to finely chop the vegetables. It is convenient to do this with a special grater for Korean vegetables. Arbitrary cutting with a thin knife will not work, vegetables will not marinate.
Try Korean pumpkin. This spicy salad can be used as a cold appetizer, as a side dish for meat, fish, or as an addition to burgers, shawarma or sandwiches. For authentic taste, it is best to use soy sauce and rice vinegar. But with ordinary salt, vinegar will turn out no worse. When choosing a pumpkin, give preference to varieties with bright flesh. The quantity and proportions of spices can be changed to taste. An obligatory component is garlic and coriander. The amount of hot pepper can be reduced or eliminated.
- Pumpkin – 350 g.
- Salt – 0.3 tsp.
- Cumin – 0.5 g.
- Savory – 0.5 g.
- Garlic – 3 g.
- Coriander – 1 g.
- Spices for Korean carrots – 2 g.
- Hot pepper – 1.5 g.
- Paprika – 0.5 g.
- Apple cider vinegar 6% – 10 ml.
- Vegetable oil – 30 g.
- Bay leaf – 3 pcs.
How to cook:
1. Peel the pumpkin from the skin and core. Rinse vegetables in running water. Grind the pumpkin pulp with a Korean vegetable grater.
2. Pour in the salt.
3. Pour in the vinegar. Mix. Leave pumpkin for 5-10 minutes.
4. Squeeze out excess juice. Grate the garlic on a fine grater, chop the hot pepper. Arrange the ingredients in the center of the plate.
5. Put dry spices, broken bay leaf into the pan. Pour in vegetable oil.
6. Heat the skillet over high heat until the spices brown. Pour aromatic oil through a sieve onto the pumpkin, as if brewing vegetables. Mix all the ingredients and leave the salad for another 5 minutes.
7. Stir the pickled pumpkin again and refrigerate for an hour. Put a spicy Korean-style pumpkin in a loose slide, decorate with fresh herbs and serve. Sprinkle with ground pepper when serving.
Delicious appetizer looks appetizing and has a pleasant smell. The dish is stored in the refrigerator in a closed container for a long time.