Salted red fish for the New Year is an excellent snack for a festive feast. We cook it at home, it will turn out delicious and easy. For the recipe, buy a salmon steak and take some spices. For the recipe you only need salt, sugar and a little black pepper. Any housewife can pickle red fish, and it won’t take so much time. Having bought chilled red fish, you can easily salt it – it will turn out much cheaper than buying ready-made salted fish in the store.
- Salmon (steak) – 500 g.
- Coarse salt, table salt – 2.5 tbsp. l.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp. l.
- Black ground pepper – to taste.
1. Prepare the salmon steak for salting: rinse the fish, remove excess water with napkins, then cut the salmon along the ridge into 2 equal halves. Remove the ridge and all the bones from the fish, leave the peel, we will salt the salmon with the skin.
2. For salting, you will need spices – mix sugar and salt in a container, stir well.
3. Pour a little black pepper to spice up the fish. Pepper can be used to taste and put quite a bit.
4. Pour half of the spices into the bottom of the fish salting dish and level it.
For salting fish, you can use any convenient form – glass, enameled or plastic with lids.
5. Put the pieces of salmon on the spices with the skin down.
6. Sprinkle the fish with the remaining spices, brush well with your hands from the sides.
7. Cover the form with fish with cling film or a lid and refrigerate so that the salmon is salted.
8. After a day, turn the salmon upside down, by this time all the spices have melted and turned into a marinade, the fish is almost ready. Send the salmon back to the refrigerator for another 6-8 hours.
Cut the finished salted red fish into pieces or slices. Cut so that the peel remains aside, and there will be clean fish meat on the table.
You can use this salmon for any snack or sandwiches. Salads with salted red fish are also delicious.
Enjoy your meal!