Apples are perhaps the most common fruit that both children and adults love. They are absolutely delicious in any form – they can be eaten freshly picked, added to homemade cakes, such as charlotte, or they can be baked.
Baked apples are very tasty and healthy, they can be given to children at a very early age and not be afraid that allergies may occur. But, in order to make this dish even more original, apples can be baked in the oven with cottage cheese. How to do it? Very simple!
- Apples – 3 pcs.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Cottage cheese – 75 g.
- Sugar – 10-20 g.
- Raisins – 30 g.
How to cook:
1. For baking, it is best to use homemade apples and cottage cheese, so you can be sure of the quality of the products. The preparation is very simple and does not require much effort. First you need to prepare the curd filling. To do this, combine cottage cheese and sugar in a convenient container. Next, add an egg to this curd mass.
2. Then add raisins. If desired, raisins can be replaced with candied fruits, nuts or any other dried fruits, or simply do not add them. Mix well with a fork.
If you need a more delicate consistency of the filling, then you can use an immersion blender, then there will be practically no lumps from the cottage cheese.
3. Apples should be washed under running water and dried or wiped with a towel. Using a sharp knife, you need to very carefully cut out the core with seeds, but you need to do this so that the bottom of the apple remains, and you get an apple “jug”.
4. In the hole formed in the apple, it is necessary to lay out the curd filling with a spoon.
5. Next, you can safely lay the apples in a baking dish. It should have high sides for the simple reason that apple juice will flow from the high temperature. The baking time for apples with cottage cheese will be only 20-30 minutes at an oven temperature of 190 degrees.
Serve apples to the table should be slightly cooled, on top they can be sprinkled with powdered sugar or pour a little caramel.
Enjoy your meal!