Beetroot and potato pancakes are a very original dish that is simply indispensable as a quick snack. That is why you can cook it not only for breakfast, but also for brakes to work, if, of course, you prefer vegetable dishes more than meat ones.
Pancakes should be fried in a Teflon-coated pan. So, the vegetables will not stick to the bottom and potato pancakes will come out smooth and beautiful.
It is desirable to serve them to the table in a warm form, although they are tasty and cold. The vegetables in this recipe are all fresh, but you can pre-boil the beets or bake them in the oven. To prevent potato pancakes from falling apart, it is necessary to add a chicken egg to the vegetables. It is thanks to him that the mass will become more homogeneous and it will be convenient to fry potato pancakes.
- Potatoes – 2 pcs.
- Beets – 2 pcs.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 50 ml.
- Flour – 1-2 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. So, prepare all the ingredients on the list. After that, clean them with a special vegetable knife. Grate potatoes on a coarse grater.
If there is too much juice, then squeeze it with your hands into another bowl.
2. Now grate the peeled beets on the same grater.
3. Beat in the chicken egg.
4. Add salt and ground black pepper.
You can also add some spices for vegetables. For example, it can be paprika, dried garlic and even fresh chopped herbs.
5. Pour in the premium flour.
6. Mix all ingredients very well. The mass must be homogeneous.
7. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Lay out the vegetable mass with a regular tablespoon. Give the pancakes the same look.
8. Now be sure to reduce the heat and fry potato pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side.
9. Put the finished beet and potato pancakes on a paper towel (excess oil will run off them). After a minute or two, transfer them to a beautiful dish and serve immediately to the table.
Enjoy your meal!