This zucchini recipe tastes like mushrooms! Zucchini are stewed with garlic and dill, so they are incredibly fragrant, and the addition of sour cream gives the dish a special creamy taste that is hard to resist.
For cooking, it is best to take young zucchini, with a thin green skin and seeds that have not yet formed. For flavor, be sure to add green onions and dill; together with garlic, they will give the zucchini dish a magical aroma. A small amount of tomato paste will add sourness to the dish and give it an appetizing color, and sour cream will make the taste of zucchini tender and creamy. You must try!
- Young zucchini – 650-700 g.
- Green onions – 1 bunch.
- Dill – 1 bunch.
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves.
- Salt and pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 2-3 tbsp. l.
- 21% sour cream or cream – 2 tbsp. l.
- Tomato paste – 1 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Cut the zucchini into cubes with an edge of about 5 mm. If you cut 2-3 small young vegetables, it may seem that you get an impressive slide, but then it will be greatly extinguished, so take more.
2. Heat a couple of tablespoons of refined vegetable oil in a frying pan. Pour in all the zucchini, immediately salt (so that the vegetables release the juice). Cover and simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring regularly. During this time, the vegetables will give a lot of their own juice and will decrease in size by about a third of the original volume.
3. Next, add chopped green onions to the pan – first only the white basal part, simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. Add tomato paste, stir to distribute evenly. Fry everything together for about 1 minute.
5. Next, throw in the dill and green onion feathers, chopped with a knife. And also add the garlic passed through the press – the aroma of the dish will instantly change! Simmer the zucchini with herbs for a couple more minutes.
6. At the very end, add sour cream (fatty, homemade, non-acidic, thick) and sprinkle with black pepper. Stir and heat for a couple of minutes. Turn off the heat and let the dish brew under the lid for 15 minutes so that all the flavors and aromas finally “marry” each other.
You can serve it warm, but even better – cold, for this, place the cooled zucchini in a food container with a lid and put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour. It is most convenient to spread on bread, like zucchini caviar. Very tasty and the flavor is crazy!
Enjoy your meal!