If you want to please your home with fragrant pastries for tea, then we advise you to cook a very simple, but incredibly tasty and simply melting in your mouth Breton pie with fresh pears. For the dough in our recipe, we used 60% fat creamy margarine, but you can replace it with butter if you wish.
All ingredients must be at room temperature before you start making the pie.
- Butter or margarine – 130 g.
- Sugar – 130 g.
- Vanilla sugar – 10 g.
- Chicken eggs C1 – 3 pcs.
- Milk – 80 ml.
- Baking powder – 7 g.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
- Wheat flour – 160 g.
- Pears (medium) – 2 pcs.
- Powdered sugar, cinnamon.
Baking dish: diameter 22 cm. Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes. Servings Per Container: 6.
How to cook:
1. Divide the eggs into proteins and yolks. Add a pinch of salt to the proteins and beat with a mixer until stiff, adding 2 tablespoons of sugar from the total amount according to the recipe in the middle of beating. Remove the whipped egg whites from the refrigerator.
2. Mix soft creamy margarine or butter with the remaining sugar and vanilla sugar.
3. With a mixer, beat everything into a fluffy mass until the sugar crystals dissolve.
Sugar should be taken finely crystalline or you can replace it with the same amount of powdered sugar.
4. Continuing to beat the sugar-butter mixture, add egg yolks one at a time and beat into a homogeneous mass. This will take 1-2 minutes.
5. Pour a third of the flour into a bowl and mix the dough with short pulses. Pour in the milk, add another third of the flour and mix again.
Pour the last part of the flour, mixed with baking powder, and with a mixer at low speed, lightly knead the dough for a few seconds.
6. In two or three steps, put the whipped proteins into a bowl with dough and quickly use a mixer to combine them with the dough in the same short pulses. The dough should be fluffy and light.
You can’t knead the dough for a long time, otherwise it will drag on and lose its airy structure.
7. We line the baking dish with parchment paper in advance and grease with oil. We heat the oven to 170 degrees. Pour the dough into the mold and evenly distribute it throughout the volume.
8. Peel the pears, cut into thin slices and, slightly pressing, spread them over the entire surface of the dough. Sprinkle the top of the Breton pear pie with cinnamon-sugar and bake until golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes.
Focus on your oven and adjust the baking time. Readiness is checked with a dry skewer.
9. We take out the finished cake from the oven and let it cool a little in the form. Then carefully transfer to the wire rack and free from paper.
Breton pear pie is ready. Before serving, sprinkle it with plenty of powdered sugar, brew fragrant tea and invite everyone to the table.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.