Beaten cucumbers in Chinese are very unusual, moderately spicy and tasty. They can be safely prepared on a weekday or on a festive table. You can serve beaten cucumbers with any side dish, meat or as an independent dish.
For their preparation, it is worth buying cucumbers that are not too large in size, ideally, that they are homemade, since it is these vegetables that are much tastier than store-bought ones and more fragrant. As spices in this recipe, you should definitely use soy sauce, vinegar (by the way, not only the usual 9% is suitable, but also apple or rice in general), salt and ground red pepper. You can also add fresh hot peppers to the cucumbers if the garlic is not enough. Sesame should also be added to cucumbers, so the dish will come out more original and tasty.
- Cucumbers – 600-700 g.
- Garlic – 1-2 cloves.
- Ground red pepper – to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
- Sugar – to taste.
- Sesame – to taste.
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp. l.
- Vinegar 9% – 0.5 tbsp. l.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l. (you can replace it with olive).
How to cook:
1. Wash cucumbers very well.
If you have time, then you can soak them for 30-40 minutes in cold water. This procedure will make the vegetables crispier.
Lay them on the board and lightly beat them off with a rolling pin. Each vegetable should crack. Instead of a rolling pin, you can use the back of a large knife or a meat hammer.
2. Now carefully cut the cucumbers into slices.
3. Put them in a deep bowl or pan, add chopped garlic (you can squeeze it through a garlic press or just finely chop it) and ground red pepper.
4. After that, add salt and sugar.
5. Pour in the soy sauce.
6. Pour in vegetable or olive oil.
7. Pour in the vinegar.
8. Put the sesame seeds in the pan, and fry it literally for 30 seconds. Put it on the cucumbers.
9. Mix everything very well and let the cucumbers stand for at least 1.5-2 hours.
These are the broken cucumbers in Chinese!
Enjoy your meal!