An interesting salad – Korean-style potatoes with a spicy taste will be a culinary discovery for you. The unusual structure, mouth-watering appearance and delicious aroma will surprise your guests and loved ones.
For the recipe, choose an elongated potato. In addition to potatoes, you can add any raw vegetables or grated root vegetables to the salad – carrots, Jerusalem artichoke or parsley root, and each time you get different tastes according to the same recipe. You can use soy sauce or regular salt in the salad. Adjust the degree of spiciness (hot pepper and garlic) to taste. You can buy a set of spices ready-made “for Korean vegetables” or assemble it yourself.
- Potatoes – 400 g.
- Hot pepper – 2 g.
- Nutmeg – 1 g.
- Coriander (powder) – 2 g.
- Turmeric – 1.5 g.
- Sage – 0.5 g.
- Paprika – 1 g.
- Garlic – 5 g.
- Hot pepper – 3 g.
- Bay leaf – 3-4 pcs.
- Coriander (in grains) – 2 g.
- Vinegar – 20 g.
- Vegetable oil – 50 g.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Grate peeled potatoes on a grater for Korean vegetables.
2. Immediately pour the component with cold water, rinse several times until the water is clear.
3. Boil water in a saucepan, put prepared potatoes in boiling water. Cook for 1-1.5 minutes from the moment of boiling.
4. Drain the potatoes in a sieve and rinse immediately with cold water. The root crop should crunch a little, in no case stick together.
5. Transfer the grated potatoes to a salad mixing bowl. Add dry crushed spices, salt.
6. Pour in the vinegar, mix the mass.
7. Finely chop the peeled garlic, cut the bitter pepper thinly. Arrange the ingredients in the center of the salad.
8. Place large aromatic spices in the pan. Pour in vegetable oil and heat it until a pleasant smell appears and the spices darken.
9. Pour the hot oil over the center of the potato salad through a sieve. Discard the spices. Mix the salad and leave to infuse in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
10. Put the appetizer on a serving plate, garnish with fresh herbs, sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
Korean-style potatoes can be served as an independent snack or used in salads and as an addition to meat dishes.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.