“Pucks” from cabbage with chicken is an original dish for the whole family. Every housewife knows how to cook chicken, but you definitely haven’t tried such a recipe yet.
From ordinary cabbage, you can make excellent “washers” that complement chicken meat. This recipe is the perfect combination of chicken thighs and cabbage. Cabbage comes out fragrant and juicy, no garnish is needed here. The dish turns out “two in one”.
For the recipe, take chicken thighs or legs, and use cabbage according to the season. In spring or summer – young white cabbage, and in autumn or winter – later varieties.
- Chicken thighs – 400 g.
- White cabbage – 300 g.
- Olive oil – 50 g.
- Provence herbs – 1.5 tsp.
- Sweet paprika – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves.
- Salt, black pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Prepare the chicken and kale dressing right away. Pour olive oil into a deep container, add spices – sweet paprika, fragrant Provence herbs and bright turmeric. Stir.
2. Squeeze the garlic into the sauce, add a little salt.
Garlic goes well with both chicken meat and cabbage.
Stir until smooth and the sauce is ready.
3. Cut the cabbage into round washers, keeping the shape as much as possible. In this recipe, we used young white cabbage.
4. Put the cabbage pucks in a baking dish and brush them with the sauce – save the sauce for the chicken.
5. Rinse chicken thighs, dry on napkins. Salt the meat and pepper to taste.
6. Brush the thighs with the remaining olive oil, garlic and spice sauce.
7. Lay the chicken directly on top of the cabbage. When baked, the chicken sauce will soak the cabbage and be very tasty.
8. Bake cabbage pucks with chicken in the oven at 190C for about 40 minutes. The chicken meat will be fully cooked, browned, and the cabbage will turn out very tender and juicy.
Serve hot at the table. Your family will definitely like this lunch or dinner.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.