To try overseas dishes, it is not necessary to go on a long journey. You can cook delicious and unusual dishes in your kitchen or in the country.
Today we want to offer you a dish from the distant Canary Islands – delicious cauliflower meatballs.
The dish is very easy to prepare. Naturally, its basis is cauliflower. In addition, the composition of meatballs includes flour and an egg. For spices, you will need salt, dried thyme and chili peppers. The meatballs are deep fried until a delicious golden color.
- Cauliflower – 600 g.
- Wheat flour – 130 g.
- Large egg (SO) – 1 pc.
- Dried thyme – 2 tsp
- Chili ground or cut into pieces – 0.5 – 1 tsp.
- Salt – to taste.
- Refined sunflower oil – 250-300 ml.
Cooking time: 1 hour. Servings Per Container: 4-6.
How to cook:
1. Choose cream-colored cauliflower, without rotten places and black dots. Rinse the head of cauliflower well under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels. Disassemble the head of cabbage into small inflorescences and put in a blender bowl.
2. Grind into large crumbs. However, you can chop the cabbage into crumbs with a knife. But, in time it will be much longer. Transfer the cabbage to a deep bowl.
3. Pour in the sifted flour.
4. Beat in the egg.
5. Season to taste with salt. Add dried thyme and chilli.
Dried thyme can be replaced with the same amount of fresh thyme. The dish will only benefit from this castling, as fresh herbs have a stronger aroma.
For a richer color and flavor, you can add 1 teaspoon of ground sweet paprika to the cabbage mass.
6. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients into a homogeneous mass. Form balls the size of a walnut with your hands.
7. Heat sunflower oil in a pot or saucepan with a thick bottom. Put 5-6 meatballs in a saucepan.
8. Fry from 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
9. Cover a large plate with paper towels and put the finished meatballs on it with a slotted spoon.
10. Next, fry the remaining cabbage balls in portions.
Arrange the cauliflower meatballs on a pretty platter and serve. As an addition to this dish, you can serve boiled rice and spicy tomato sauce. In addition, meatballs go great with grilled chicken.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.