Preparing canned apples for the winter is quite simple. They always turn out to be very tasty, and also useful, since all vitamins are preserved in the process of their preparation. They should be corked in jars with a volume of 1 liter or more. It is best to store jars in a dark pantry, where direct sunlight does not fall or in a cellar, only there the temperature should not be below 0.
For blockage, it is worth buying apples that are not large in size so that they can easily fit in a jar. To taste, it is better to use fruits that are not sour, although the syrup will be quite sweet, so feel free to use the variety of apples that you have available.
Serve ready-made canned apples to the table immediately after you open the jar. If the fruits are not eaten all at once, then you need to cover the jar with a nylon lid on top and be sure to put it in the refrigerator for storage. Otherwise, at a warm temperature, the syrup, and the apples themselves, will begin to “ferment”.
For a 1 liter jar:
- Apples – 1 kg.
- Purified water – 850 ml.
- Sugar – 80-100 g.
How to cook:
1. Wash the apples very thoroughly. Tear off the tails. In a clean glass jar with a volume of 1 liter, put the washed fruit tightly.
Perhaps you are using less than 1 kg of apples. It depends on the size of the fruit.
2. Now bring the purified water to a boil.
3. Pour it into the jar in a thin stream. Leave the jar of apples for 30 minutes in this state, only on top you can cover it with a lid or gauze.
4. Now put on a capron lid with holes and very carefully and slowly pour boiling water into a ladle or pan.
5. Add the indicated amount of sugar.
6. Bring the syrup to a boil. Fill it with apples.
7. The syrup should completely cover all the fruits.
8. Now cover the top of the jar with a metal lid. Seal it with a special seaming key.
You can safely use jars with lids that just need to be tightly screwed on.
These are canned apples for the winter!