This time we offer to cook a delicious eggplant appetizer with carrots, onions and sweet peppers for the winter. It turns out very tasty and not very spicy, but whoever likes it spicy can still add garlic and hot pepper to your taste. Such a salad can already be eaten even on the day of preparation and stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, but for long-term storage in the winter, it is necessary to sterilize jars of salad in boiling water. Prepare the necessary products and start cooking.
For 2 cans 650 ml:
- Eggplant – 1200
- Onion – 200 g.
- Carrots – 200 g.
- Bulgarian sweet pepper – 200 g.
- Garlic – 1 head.
- Hot pepper – 1 pc.
- Black ground pepper – ½ tsp.
- Ground coriander – 1 tsp.
- Refined vegetable oil – 80 ml.
- Vinegar 9% – 60 ml.
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Boiled water – 200 ml.
- Greens – optional.
Preparation time: 2 hours (including marinating time). Servings Per Container: 8-10.
How to cook:
1. Rub the peeled carrots on a Korean or regular grater.
2. Remove the stalk with seeds from sweet pepper and cut into thin strips. Onion cut into large strips.
3. Place chopped vegetables in a bowl, add salt, sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil, spices to them. Add vinegar and mix gently.
4. We clean the eggplants from the skin, cut them into large strips or cubes.
If the eggplants are bitter, then sprinkle the cut with 1 tablespoon of salt, mix and rinse with clean water after half an hour.
Dry the eggplant strips on a paper towel. But I have young eggplants and I just cut them without salting them first.
5. Lightly fry the eggplant slices in several stages, spreading them in a thin layer on a preheated pan with oil.
6. Add a mixture of vegetables and spices to a bowl of fried eggplant. Pour in boiled water and gently mix everything.
7. Leave at room temperature for about an hour or two, covered with a lid or a suitable plate. Vegetables will let in additional juice and marinate well.
You can try the salad already in this form and put it in the refrigerator, so that later it can be served as a snack for lunch or dinner.
8. We fill sterile jars with mildly spicy pickled eggplants with onions, carrots and sweet peppers. Top up with fragrant marinade and cover with lids.
9. From the moment the water boils in the container where we put our eggplant jars, we sterilize them for 20 minutes.
It is undesirable to take jars of a larger volume due to their slow and uneven heating.
10. We cork the jars with screw or tin lids and let them cool under a towel on the table in the kitchen.
Pickled mildly spicy eggplants with carrots, onions and sweet peppers are ready for the winter.
You need to store such a blank in a cool dark place.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.