For the winter, you can cook a huge amount of snacks not only from vegetables, but, as it turned out, from fruits. At first glance, it is difficult to imagine the taste of plums with garlic, and it sounds quite unusual. But, in fact, this is an appetizer that will conquer every1. It is the combination of the sweetness of plums with garlic that makes it not only original, but also incredibly tasty. Having made at least once at least a little of such an appetizer, not a single festive table can do without this “zest”. For her, it is best to use the Hungarian plum variety, the one that has a blue color. It is very meaty, moderately sweet, with a slight sourness.
- Plum – 250 g.
- Garlic – 1 head.
- Carnation – 1 umbrella.
- Vinegar – 10-12 ml.
- Sugar – 30 g.
- Allspice – 1-2 pcs.
- Bay leaf – 1 pc.
How to cook:
1. Cooking plum with garlic is very simple and the process is quite easy.
Wash the required number of plums and make a cut in the center on each of them. Very carefully remove the stone from this incision so that the fruit remains intact and does not fall apart into two halves.
2. Next, peel as many garlic cloves as there is a drain for harvesting.
3. Place a clove of garlic in each of the plums where the stone used to be.
4. After all the plums are “stuffed”, put them in a pre-prepared glass jar, just do not tamp, they must retain their integrity and should not be crushed.
5. Now make the marinade. Boil the required amount of water, add sugar, as well as all the spices necessary on the list.
6. Boil for two minutes. Pour the plums with the resulting marinade, and wait until it cools.
7. Pour the marinade back into the pot in which it boiled. Wait for the liquid to boil again and pour over the plums, only this time leave for 12 hours.
After that, drain again, but do not boil.
8. Add vinegar, mix and pour back into the jar of plums.
9. Roll up the lid and after complete cooling put it in a cool place for storage.
Enjoy your meal!