Cauliflower salad with cucumbers is very easy to prepare for the winter. The appetizer is simply amazing.
In season, do not miss the moment to prepare such a salad – it is perfectly stored and lasts all winter even in a normal apartment at room temperature. What is good about such preparation? There are several types of vegetables in the salad, you can choose what you like.
- Cauliflower – 250 g.
- Cucumbers – 150 g.
- Onion – 100 g.
- Water – 0.5 l.
- Bay leaf – 1 pc.
- Peppercorns – 3-5 pcs.
- Dill – 1-2 sprigs.
- Sugar – 10 g.
- Salt – 10 g.
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp. l.
- Vinegar 9% – 50 g.
How to cook:
1. Divide the cauliflower into small inflorescences so that they fit easily into the neck of the jar. You don’t need to boil cabbage.
If you boil cabbage and sterilize it in water, it will be too soft.
2. Cut the peeled onion into half rings – it will crunch in the salad.
3. Cut the washed cucumbers into half rings of medium thickness.
4. At the bottom of a well-washed and sterilized glass jar, add spices for aroma – bay leaf and peppercorns.
5. Add a couple of sprigs of dill, put some cabbage inflorescences.
6. Then lay out a little onion and cucumbers in layers.
7. Continue to layer vegetables – cauliflower, onions and cucumbers.
8. Cook the marinade – boil water, add salt and the required amount of sugar. When it boils, stir until dissolved, reduce heat, carefully pour in 9% vinegar. Bring to a boil and immediately turn off the heat.
9. Pour hot marinade and hot oil into a jar of vegetables – heat it up to the first bubbles.
10. Heat water in a saucepan, put a cloth on the bottom and place a jar of salad. Sterilize the workpiece 10 minutes after boiling water in a saucepan.
11. Roll up the jars with lids and turn upside down to check for leaks. Insulate the salad with a blanket and let it cool completely – at least overnight.
Store the finished salad in a dark pantry where the sun’s rays do not fall or store in the cellar.