Mushrooms marinated for the winter (whole) can be useful as an ingredient in any holiday salad or a more complex snack. Of course, with some experience, it will not be difficult to cook “quick” pickled mushrooms, however, they need to be given some time to brew. And here are ready-to-eat mushrooms, which is very convenient, especially in the pre-holiday culinary fuss.
- Champignons – 1 kg.
- Garlic – 2 cloves.
- Water – 600 ml.
- Vinegar – 60 ml.
- Sugar – 2.7 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 2.5 tsp.
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Allspice – ½ tsp
- Laurel – 1-2 sheets.
How to cook:
1. Sort the champignons, give preference to mushrooms of medium or small size, given the fact that they will decrease in size by half. Wash each mushroom thoroughly.
The hat does not need to be cleaned, however, it is worth rubbing it with a hard sponge.
Cut off all damaged places, update the cuts on the legs.
2. Prepare products for the marinade – measure out salt, sugar, spices and transfer to a bowl.
3. Boil the mushrooms in clean water for a quarter of an hour, then drain the water into the sink.
4. Pour 600 ml of water into the pan, send salt, sugar and spices there. Boil the brine for another 5 minutes, then send the pre-boiled mushrooms to the pan. Now you need to wait for the active boiling of the brine, and then measure another 5 minutes
5. Throw chopped garlic cloves into sterile jars. Divide the champignons into jars along with the brine. Do not forget to pour table vinegar.
6. The final stage – the jars must be carefully corked with lids. For slower cooling, wrap the blanks in a blanket, then send them to the pantry.
Enjoy your meal!