Chicken confit is a dish that can be served immediately after cooking or rolled into jars like stew. That is why it is quite versatile. It goes well with absolutely any side dishes, vegetable salads and sauces. Preparing confit is not difficult, because in fact you just need to add the necessary spices to the meat and then just send it all into the oven for a long time. In the classic version, confit should be cooked in the oven for 4 hours, however, in this recipe, the time has been halved. This is solely due to the fact that the meat is not too fried and dry.
So, when choosing chicken drumsticks or other parts of the chicken, it is recommended to buy those that are larger in size. The thing is that in the process of frying, they will not only significantly decrease, but they can also bake too much.
- Chicken drumsticks or any other parts of the chicken (for example, thighs) – 3 pcs.
- Garlic – 2 cloves.
- Bay leaf – 3-4 pcs.
- Black peppercorns – 5-7 pcs.
- Rosemary – ½ tsp
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil or chicken lard – 60 ml.
How to cook:
1. So, wash the chicken drumsticks very well. After that, put them immediately in the form in which you will bake them.
You can safely use a pan without a handle.
2. Pour in the specified amount of vegetable oil.
If there is chicken lard, then it is better to use it, especially if you plan to roll the confit into jars.
3. Send bay leaves there.
4. Peel 2 garlic cloves and add them to the meat.
5. Now add dried rosemary.
6. Add peppercorns.
7. Now add salt and black pepper.
8. If you want, then you can also add your favorite spices for meat.
9. Send the confit to the preheated oven for 2 hours. You can cover the top of the form with foil, and after an hour be sure to turn the meat over to the other side. Set the temperature to no more than 150 degrees.
Put the finished meat on a beautiful dish, and boldly serve it to the table. It tastes better when it’s hot. Do not forget to make some kind of side dish or salad with it.