Chicken under a potato coat is a dish that can be safely prepared not only for dinner to feed the family, but also on the festive table as a hot dish. It is best to cook it in the form of ceramic or silic1. You can serve a hot dish just like that or prepare some other salad of fresh vegetables, for example, cucumber and cabbage.
The variety of potatoes for cooking should be used the one that is suitable for baking. Hard cheese must be of excellent quality, since only in this case it will fully melt. You can take a whole chicken and cut the meat from the bone, or use chicken fillet, which is more convenient and acceptable.
- Potatoes – 4 pcs.
- Chicken fillet – 1 half weighing approximately 350 g.
- Onion – 0.5 pcs.
- Hard cheese – 50-70 g.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – for lubrication of the mold.
- Mayonnaise – 1-2 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Wash the chicken fillet very thoroughly. After that, cut it into medium-sized pieces. Lubricate the baking dish with a small vegetable brush. Lay out the chopped meat. Salt and pepper it.
2. Peel and wash the onions. Cut half of it into half rings, put them on top of the meat.
3. Peel the potatoes, wash them, and then cut into slices or strips. Lay the chopped vegetable on top of the onion. Salt and pepper.
4. Now grease the potatoes very well with mayonnaise.
5. Cover the form with foil and send it to the oven preheated to 190 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Grate hard cheese on a fine grater.
6. Remove the mold from the oven very carefully, remove the foil and lay out the hard cheese.
7. Send the dish to the oven for another 5 minutes. During this time, the cheese will melt.
Here is such a chicken under a potato coat turned out! Very tasty, and the recipe itself is simple and quick to prepare!
Enjoy your meal!