Don’t know what to cook for the Christmas table? This recipe will help you out and satisfy even the most capricious gourmets. Prepare Christmas herring salad in a new way, with a special decoration in the colors of Christmas – red, white and green. And thanks to the secret ingredients, the taste of a familiar dish will sparkle with new colors.
Salad can be prepared the day before the holiday and stored in the refrigerator. For the recipe, you will need slightly salted herring or ready-made fillets. For dressing, mayonnaise with a classic taste and sour cream are used. And finally, the secret ingredient is a juicy pear. It’s very unexpected and very tasty. Pay special attention to the design of the salad. The dish is laid out with multi-colored stripes. This simple trick will make the salad elegant and solemn.
- Herring – 250 g.
- Mayonnaise – 45 ml.
- Sour cream – 45 ml.
- Carrots – 100 g.
- Onion – 80 g.
- Potato – 135 g.
- Green onions – 5 g.
- Beets – 140 g.
- Lemon juice – 30 ml.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Cut the herring into small pieces and place in a bowl.
2. Peel the pear from the peel and innards. Cut half of the fruit into small pieces, sprinkle with lemon juice. Add to herring.
3. Chop boiled potatoes into cubes and place in a bowl.
4. Chop the peeled onion with a knife. Pour boiling water over the onion and leave for two minutes. Drain boiling water, add lemon juice (a teaspoon), a pinch of salt.
5. Place half of the onion in a bowl.
6. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper and mix until smooth. Refrigerate the white part of the salad for 40 minutes.
7. Grate boiled carrots on a grater with small holes, put in a separate bowl.
8. Add the remaining onion and grated pear.
9. Boiled peeled beets cut into cubes. Lay out to the rest of the components.
10. Season the red part of the salad with mayonnaise and sour cream, salt and pepper, refrigerate for 40 minutes.
11. Arrange a dish. Place a long strip of the white part of the lettuce in the center of the plate. Place two more strips at the same distance from it.
12. Lay the red part between the stripes. Finely chop the green onion, put on the edges of the strips.
13. Garnish the salad with pomegranate seeds and serve.