Minute Business Potato Salad is a delicious and easy to prepare vegetable salad that can be safely made as a snack. Also, its important advantage is that it is not dressed with mayonnaise. Therefore, if you are on a diet or eat low-calorie meals, this recipe is suitable.
From the name it is clear that the main ingredient of this salad is potatoes. It should be boiled in advance so that you do not waste time on this procedure later. White cabbage is also added to it, but it can be safely replaced with Peking cabbage, so the dish will come out even more tender in taste. Pickled cucumber gives a special piquancy, and an unusual dressing of vegetable oil and mustard grains makes the taste of the finished salad unique. By the way, instead of vegetable oil, olive oil is also suitable.
- Potatoes – 2 pcs.
- Pickled cucumber – 1 pc.
- Cabbage – 50-70 g.
- Onion – 0.5 pcs.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – 1 pinch.
- Vegetable oil – 1 pinch.
- Mustard grains – 1 tsp.
How to cook:
1. Wash the white cabbage, chop it as thin as possible. Put the chopped vegetable in a deep bowl.
2. Put the pickled cucumber on a cutting board, cut it. Just don’t forget to pre-cut the edges on both sides.
3. Now chop the onion in the same way. This ingredient is optional.
4. Boil potatoes, cool, peel and cut. Put the vegetable to all the previous ingredients.
5. Rinse the greens very thoroughly under a tap of running water, shake it off. Lay out on a cutting board and finely chop with a sharp knife.
Not only dill, but also parsley will do.
6. Pour in spices.
7. Pour in vegetable or olive oil.
8. Lay out the mustard seeds.
9. Mix the salad very well with a regular tablespoon. Let it brew for at least 30 minutes. You can leave it at room temperature or put it in the refrigerator.
10. Now transfer the finished salad to a stemmed bowl. If you wish, then you can additionally put more greens on top. Bring it boldly to the table.
Enjoy your meal!