Today we will make a dessert roll from thin pita bread stuffed with cottage cheese and poppy seeds. This recipe can be attributed to simple and quick dishes. Remember, the key to a successfully cooked such a roll is always fresh pita bread. Such pita bread will never tear when forming your roll.
- Thin pita bread – 3-4 sheets.
- Cottage cheese – 350 g.
- Poppy – 4 tbsp. l.
- Chicken eggs – 3 pcs.
- Sugar – up to 1 tbsp.
- Sour cream – 1 tbsp.
- Lemon zest – optional.
- Honey – 1.5 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
1. Prepare poppy seeds for filling. We recommend that you do this process in advance to reduce the cooking time. Place the poppy in the bowl. It is necessary to pour poppy seeds with boiling water, cover with a lid. Leave the poppy alone for 15 minutes. Next, drain the liquid and add a handful of sugar to the poppy seeds and rub the poppy seeds lightly. You can use a mortar or blender to grind the poppy seeds a little.
If possible, you can simply buy a ready-made poppy mass for making the filling.
2. Take tasty and fresh cottage cheese of any fat content. Today we have low-fat cottage cheese with a light granular structure.
3. Prepare the stuffing for the rolls. Send cottage cheese into a bowl, beat in one chicken egg, pour sour cream. Use sugar for toppings to taste. Honey can be used instead of sugar. Add lemon zest or vanilla sugar.
4. Add the prepared poppy seeds to the curd filling and mix.
5. Proceed to the formation of pita rolls. Spread the first sheet of thin pita bread on the work surface and apply part of the curd filling over the entire surface.
Make sure that the pita bread is fresh, otherwise it will tear when rolling the roll and the filling will leak out.
Let the pita bread lie on the table for a while so that it soaks (2-3 minutes) and carefully and loosely roll up the roll.
6. Turn on the oven to heat to 170 degrees and gradually roll up the rest of the rolls. Spread the pita rolls on a baking sheet or in a round detachable form. We like the second option more, because the rolls after baking are not dry, well baked.
7. Mix 1-2 chicken eggs in a bowl with honey (1 tablespoon) and sour cream (2 tablespoons). Lubricate pita rolls generously with egg mixture and bake in the oven.
8. Bake pita rolls for 20-30 minutes until a beautiful and golden crust appears on top and sides. Leave the finished rolls in the turned off oven for 15 minutes and then you can serve.