Viennese cookies are delicious homemade pastries that every adult and every child loves. Prepare delicious cookies for your household to treat them to a delicious treat. Butter-based cookies are being prepared, the dough is shortbread.
For the filling, we used apricot jam, but you can use any other jam. Viennese cookies are crispy, fragrant and sweet.
- Butter – 125 g.
- Wheat flour – 275 g.
- Sugar – 100 g.
- Chicken eggs – 1 pc.
- Baking powder for dough – 0.5 tsp.
- Apricot jam or other – 150 g.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
How to cook:
1. Melt the butter over low heat, leave on the table until it cools slightly and becomes warm. Add sugar and stir until the sugar crystals dissolve.
2. Beat in the chicken egg and mix. Eggs will not curdle in warm oil.
3. Sift wheat flour into a deep bowl. Use premium flour. Add baking powder, a pinch of salt and mix everything together.
4. Pour the butter-egg mixture into the flour.
5. Mix the dough, breaking up lumps.
6. Knead a soft, elastic dough, it will not stick to your hands.
7. Cut off a quarter of the dough and freeze it a little. Leave a piece of dough in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, it will harden well.
8. Put the remaining dough into a mold and spread it with your hands over the entire surface or with a rolling pin, as you like.
We have a ceramic mold measuring 27 * 12 cm. Instead of a mold, you can take a regular baking sheet and cover it with parchment.
9. Put apricot jam on the dough and smooth it out. It is important that the jam is thick.
You can use any berry jam that you have at home – for example, currant, pear or apple.
10. Remove the chilled dough from the freezer and grate it on a coarse grater directly on the jam, sprinkling it on top. Send cookies to the oven. I warm up to 180-190C.
11. After 30-35 minutes, remove the form from the oven, the cookies are well baked, slightly increased in volume and browned. Cool cookies for 15-20 minutes.
12. Cut the cookies into medium pieces and serve with delicious tea.
Enjoy your meal!