Stollen is a traditional Christmas cake popular in Europe. The cupcake is shaped like a baby wrapped in swaddling clothes and symbolizes the birth of Christ. We suggest you prepare Stollenki cookies with the same dough composition and with the same shape.
It is convenient to treat friends and acquaintances with cookies, they will be appropriate at the Christmas table. And if the pastries are beautifully packaged and thematically decorated, you will get a wonderful gift for Christmas.
Cooking stollenki is quite easy. The basis of the dough is curd mass with the addition of dried fruits, honey and nuts. For the recipe, choose the best premium flour and quality butter. For dessert, spices are used, traditional for such baking – cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, cardamom and dried mint. For flavor, dried fruits are soaked in cognac. If you plan to treat children with cookies, replace brandy with orange juice.
- Butter – 80 g.
- Honey – 40 g.
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 30 g.
- Lemon zest – 2 g.
- Cognac – 50 ml.
- Dried fruits (raisins, dates, candied fruits) – 80 g.
- Candied fruits in chocolate – 10 g.
- Walnuts – 40 g.
- Cinnamon, ginger, dried orange peel – 1 g each.
- Cottage cheese – 250 g.
- Flour – 200 g.
- Salt – a pinch.
How to cook:
1. Rinse dried fruits, remove pits from dates. Put them in a bowl, pour cognac, leave for one hour.
2. Put the butter into a bowl for preparing the dough, melt it in a microwave oven or in a steam bath. Add cottage cheese and salt.
3. Place honey and sugar in a bowl. Mix the mass.
4. Add spices and dried fruits along with cognac. Mix ingredients.
5. Add flour and baking powder, knead soft dough.
6. Dry walnuts in a pan, grind in a mortar. Cut candied fruits in chocolate in half, put nuts and candied fruits in a bowl. Mix the dough.
7. With wet hands form long cookies and place them on a baking sheet. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 190 degrees.
8. Cool the finished stollenki on a wire rack, sprinkle with powder if desired and transfer to a serving basket. The cookies look appetizing, it turns out very fragrant and does not get stale for a long time.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.