In the summer season, be sure to cook crispy zucchini for the winter – this is a surprisingly tasty snack and addition to any salad. If you run out of pickles, and you want to cook some delicious salad, take zucchini, they will replace pickles well, no one will even feel a big difference. Pickled zucchini is a great alternative to traditional canned vegetables. If you are tired of cucumbers and tomatoes, replace them with zucchini – a simple and affordable recipe.
- Small zucchini – 2-3 pcs.
- Salt – 40 g.
- Sugar – 50 g.
- Water – 0.5 l.
- Vinegar 9% – 40 g.
- Peppercorns – 6-7 pcs.
- Dill umbrellas – to taste.
- Bay leaf – 1 pc.
- Garlic – 1-2 cloves.
- horseradish leaf horseradish leaf
How to cook:
1. Put spices in sterilized jars – we have a piece of horseradish leaf, dill umbrella, garlic, bay leaf and peppercorns.
If you like spicy vegetables, you can add a piece of bitter red pepper.
2. Wash the zucchini, cut off the tails and cut into slices about 0.5-0.6 cm thick.
Young zucchini of small sizes are best suited for the recipe.
Place the chopped zucchini in a jar.
3. Boil water, pour hot water over zucchini. Cover with a lid and leave alone for 10-15 minutes. During this time, the zucchini will become a little softer.
4. Drain the water into a saucepan, boil the marinade from it: boil again, add sugar and salt. Stir, wait for it to boil again, turn off the heat and immediately pour in the vinegar.
5. Immediately pour the hot marinade over the zucchini, roll up with turnkey iron lids until it stops. You can also use regular threaded cans and screw caps for seaming.
6. Warm pickled zucchini with any blanket and leave to cool until morning.
In the morning, the workpiece will be completely ready.
Store zucchini in a regular pantry where it will be dark and cool. One liter jar is obtained from such a portion of products.
Enjoy your meal!