Cucumbers canned with citric acid are an ideal way to prepare vegetables for the winter just in the case when preparations with vinegar are undesirable. Vegetables are strong and crispy, they can be served on the table, cut into pieces, or used as an ingredient for a salad (olivier, vinaigrette), a more complex appetizer or even soup.
- Cucumbers – 1.2 kg.
- Bay leaf – 3 pcs.
- Garlic – 3 cloves.
- Black pepper – 12-15 peas.
- Water – 600 ml.
- Salt – 1.5 tsp. (under the knife).
- Sugar – 1 tsp (under the knife).
- Citric acid – 1/3 tsp.
How to cook:
1. Prepare cucumbers for canning. Suitable vegetables “pickling” varieties. It is desirable that they be small in size – just the height of the can is 0.5 liters. Wash them and cut off the ends.
2. In clean, dry containers of 500 ml at the bottom, put bay leaves, peeled garlic cloves, peppercorns.
3. Now put fresh cucumbers in jars, tightly enough.
4. Pour boiling water over cucumbers and cover with lids. Let stand for 15 minutes, then drain the water into a saucepan – you get about 600 ml. Wait for an active boil and refill the cucumbers, wait 15 minutes.
5. Pour the water back into the saucepan, add salt and sugar to it. While stirring, bring to a boil. Throw a generous pinch of citric acid into each jar. Fill with brine and immediately seal the jars.
6. Turn the blanks over with the lids down and let them cool in this form. Then put away for storage in a cool dark place.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.