Salad “Riddle” of zucchini is an original appetizer and a very tasty addition to meat dishes or side dishes, especially in winter.
This salad is prepared exclusively from small young zucchini (large and overripe fruits are not suitable for twisting). The cooking process itself is not complicated: the prepared vegetables are mixed with spices and marinated for 3 hours, and then sterilized by putting them in jars, after which they are immediately rolled up.
The result is a delicious pickled salad “Riddle” for the winter.
- Zucchini – 1 kg.
- Vegetable oil – 100 ml.
- Carrots – 300 g.
- Garlic – 4 cloves.
- Onion – 200 g.
- Sugar – 3 tbsp. l.
- 9% vinegar – 60 ml.
- Salt – 1 tbsp. l.
- Black peppercorns – 9-12 pcs.
How to cook:
1. Before you start preparing the salad directly, prepare the vegetables: peel the carrots, garlic and onions, then wash them together with the zucchini (cut off the tails of the washed young zucchini).
2. Next, grate the zucchini on a grater for Korean carrots, and put in a deep bowl.
3. Grate the carrots on the same grater, then add it to the grated zucchini.
4. Onion cut into half rings.
5. Mix all prepared vegetables together.
6. Then add spices to them (salt, sugar, vegetable oil, 9% vinegar and squeezed garlic), mix everything well (it is best to do this with your hands, slightly crushing the vegetables) and leave to marinate for about 3 hours. Stir the finished salad from time to time so that all the vegetables are well marinated.
7. Prepare jars for salad (they must first be washed well and boiled over steam). Place a few black peppercorns in each jar.
8. After the salad is marinated, arrange it in jars, trying to stack it as tightly as possible, pour the resulting marinade on top.
9. Place the jars covered with lids in a pot of water (be sure to lay a cloth or kitchen towel on the bottom of the pan so that the jars do not burst during the sterilization process) to be sterilized. Sterilize the salad from the moment of boiling for 20 minutes.
10. Then carefully remove the jars from the water and roll up.
11. Wrap jars of salad until completely cool. Storage is best done in a cool place.