Today we offer to roll up the original Caucasian salad with cucumbers and eggplants for the winter, which turns out to be spicy, but very tasty. The process of preparing such a preparation is not complicated: all vegetables (except cucumbers) are pre-fried until golden brown, and then stewed in tomato, adding hot peppers and garlic.
The result is a fragrant and very tasty snack – a great addition to meat dishes or side dishes, especially in the winter season.
- Cucumbers – 500 g.
- Eggplant – 650 g.
- Tomatoes – 650 g.
- Sweet pepper – 350 g.
- Hot pepper – 1 pc.
- Garlic – 1 large head.
- Salt – 0.5 tbsp. l.
- Vegetable oil (for frying) – 75 ml.
- Onion – 150 g.
- Sugar – 45 g.
- 9% vinegar – 35 ml.
How to cook:
1. Rinse eggplant under water, cut into large cubes and fry in vegetable oil over high heat until golden brown.
If your eggplants are bitter, soak them for 15 to 20 minutes in salted water before frying, and then rinse.
2. Cut sweet pepper into large pieces, then fry in a small amount of vegetable oil.
3. Cut the onion into thin strips and also fry until golden brown.
4. Grind ripe tomatoes into a homogeneous tomato puree, pour it into a saucepan in which the salad will be prepared (preferably with a thick bottom), and boil for 5 minutes.
5. Put the fried onion into the boiled tomato.
6. Following the onion – fried eggplant.
7. Next, add the roasted bell peppers.
8. And fresh cucumbers cut into halves / quarters of circles.
9. To the prepared vegetables, also put hot peppers cut into thin circles.
If you want the salad to be spicy, but there is no hot pepper available, you can use red ground pepper instead (adjust its amount based on taste preferences).
10. To the future canned salad “Caucasian” add salt and sugar, mix thoroughly and put to boil over medium heat. Boil for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. Then pour in 9% vinegar and add garlic squeezed through a press or grated on a fine grater. Stir and boil the salad for another 10 minutes.
12. Arrange the finished salad (still hot) in sterile jars, filling them to the top.
13. Seal the cans with conservation / roll up with iron lids.
14. And turning upside down, wrap the rolls with a blanket. After a day (when the salad has completely cooled), take it out for storage in a cool place.