Conservation time is in full swing. Ground cucumbers have ripened in the beds – it’s time to think about harvesting for the winter. We offer you one of the options for pickled cucumbers without vinegar with lemon and citric acid. Such cucumbers are suitable for baby food and will appeal to people who cannot tolerate vinegar.
The preparation does not require tedious sterilization, it is prepared very quickly. For the recipe, you will need fresh crispy cucumbers, preferably freshly picked. Depending on the freshness of the vegetables, choose a soaking time between 30 minutes and 4 hours. For flavor, use traditional herbs and leaves – horseradish, dill umbrellas, currant and cherry leaves. For lovers of spicy tastes, we recommend adding a small piece of hot red pepper.
The recipe is based on 2 liter jars. Please note that the number of components for the marinade is calculated for 1 liter of liquid.
- Cucumbers – 9-10 pcs.
- Sweet pepper – 1-2 pcs.
- Dill umbrellas – 4-5 pcs.
- Currant leaves – 4 pcs.
- Cherry leaves – 4 pcs.
- Horseradish (leaves) – 1 pc.
- Lemon – 0.2 pcs.
- Garlic – 2 cloves.
For the marinade (per 1 liter):
- Salt – 40 g.
- Sugar – 100 g.
- Citric acid – 1 tsp.
How to cook:
1. Rinse cucumbers and soak in cold water.
2. Wash the jars with soda, rinse in running water. Sterilize the jars in a convenient way, boil the lids. Put clean dill umbrellas, leaves, peeled garlic on the bottom of each jar.
3. Cut off the ends of the cucumbers. Put vegetables in a jar.
4. Place sweet pepper strips in between.
5. Add lemon slices to each jar.
6. Pour the contents of the jar with hot boiling water to the top. Do not tightly close the lids, leave for 30 minutes to warm up.
7. Drain the infusion from the cans, measure the volume (we got 0.9 l).
8. Depending on the amount of liquid, put the ingredients for the marinade in a saucepan. Pour in the infusion. Boil.
9. Pour boiling brine over cucumbers. Close the jars tightly with lids. Turn them over on the lids, wrap them with a thick towel and a warm blanket. Leave to cool for 12 hours.
Store cooled blanks at room temperature in a dark place.
Enjoy your meal!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.