The ingenious invention of Italian classic cuisine is sabayon cream. This dessert with a rich history and proven recipe from simple and affordable products turns out to be elegant and very tasty. The cream will decorate the most sophisticated table and satisfy the most fastidious gourmets. The secret of the success of the sabayon lies in the quality products and the amazing structure – delicate, velvety and weightless.
It takes 15 minutes to prepare and the dessert can be served immediately. And if the sabayon is cooled for two hours, you get a dish resembling soft ice cream. Dessert is versatile and good on its own. It can also be used as a cream cap for portioned trifles and tiramisu, as a topping for cheesecakes, soufflés and fresh berries. And if you add it with prunes, dried apricots or raisins soaked in rum or cognac, you will truly get the food of the gods. For flavor, wine is added to the dessert – semi-sweet, dessert with a fruity aroma, champagne or cognac. Additionally, you can use vanilla, lemon chips or cinnamon.
You can decorate the serving with fresh or frozen berries, fruits, dried fruits and chocolate. For the children’s version, replace the wine with juice.
- Yolks – 4 pcs.
- Sugar – 50 g.
- Vanilla sugar – 10 g.
- Dessert wine – 130 ml.
- Lemon peel – 1 g.
- Mandarin – ½ pc.
- Chocolate drops – for serving.
How to cook:
1. Divide the eggs into yolks and whites. Set aside the squirrels, you won’t need them. In a bowl that can be heated, put the yolks. Add sugar, vanilla sugar. Lightly beat the mass with a whisk.
2. Pour in the wine. Mix the mass.
3. Set the bowl in a water bath so that the bottom does not touch the water. Put the structure on medium heat and heat until thickened with constant stirring.
4. Cream whip with a blender for two minutes.
5. Dessert pour into creamers. Cool the sabayon to room temperature. If desired, leave for an hour in the refrigerator.
6. Decorate the dessert with chocolate drops, mandarin slices and zest. Serve to the table.
Sabayon has a great medium sweet taste with a wine aftertaste. You can store the dish in the refrigerator under cling film for no more than a day.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.