Georgian eggplant slices are simply a delicious vegetable appetizer that can be made very quickly for any holiday feast.
For their preparation, it is worth using vegetables that are not large in size, the peel can be either peeled or not. With a peel, the appetizer will turn out to be more beautiful in appearance. A special sauce gives eggplants a special piquancy, and thanks to their unusual serving, they look just amazing.
- Eggplant is not large in size – 1 pc.
- Chicken eggs – 2 pcs.
- Onion – 1/4 pc.
- Salt – to taste.
- Lemon juice – to taste.
- Greens – to taste.
- Garlic – 1 clove.
- Mayonnaise or sour cream fat – 2 tbsp. l.
- Suneli hops – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – for frying.
- Walnuts – 50 g.
How to cook:
1. Peel the eggplant, cut into slices. Place them in a deep bowl or saucepan. Pour warm water, add a pinch of salt, stir to dissolve. Leave vegetables in salt water for at least 10-15 minutes. This procedure is necessary so that the eggplant circles are not bitter.
2. Drain the water from them, if you wish, then you can put them on a paper towel. When excess water runs out, transfer them back to the bowl and add the chicken eggs, which are shaken with a fork in a separate bowl. Mix vegetables well.
Thanks to eggs, when frying, eggplants will not absorb a lot of vegetable oil, and even so it will take much less.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Lay out the eggplant. Fry them over medium heat until nice and golden brown on both sides.
4. Pour lemon juice, water into a bowl, put walnuts, garlic, onion, finely chopped greens, suneli hops.
5. Using a blender, chop everything well and send the mass to the freezer so that it becomes thicker.
6. Now fold each piece of eggplant in half and fill it inside with the prepared stuffing.
7. Put eggplant slices in Georgian style on a beautiful dish. Top them with an additional sprinkle of chopped fresh herbs.