Absolutely any fish can be baked in such a delicate sauce. Both carp and pink salmon will do. In our case, this is a fairly popular mackerel. Budget fish in yogurt with the addition of spices and herbs easily becomes a wonderful dish that will decorate any table and perfectly diversify the diet. You can bake as a whole, covered with foil, and in pieces, without foil. The cheese crust will give a finished and elegant look to the finished fish.
- Freshly frozen mackerel – 300 g.
- Natural yogurt without additives – 100 g.
- Cheese Russian – 100 g.
- Salt and black pepper – to taste.
- Zira – half a teaspoon
- Spices for fish dishes – half a tsp.
- Vegetable oil – 1 tsp.
How to cook:
1. First of all, if your fish has a head and entrails, it needs to be gutted and the head removed. Be sure to cut off the fins. After the done procedures, the fish must be washed under running water.
2. Now cut the fish into pieces, a couple of centimeters wide.
3. Put yogurt in a separate bowl. Please note that it should have a neutral creamy taste and be free of fruit additives. Add zira to yogurt. It is best to take ground zira, or slightly crush the spice before pouring it into a bowl.
4. Be sure to add a little salt, preferably iodized – this is much healthier.
5. Finely chop the greens and add to the bowl with the sauce. Give preference to dill or cilantro. Pour some spices for fish dishes here. Dry thyme is also great – it perfectly reveals the taste of mackerel.
6. Mix all the ingredients well, you can also add a little garlic to your taste.
7. Pour the dressing over the fish and leave in the refrigerator for about an hour. During this time, the fish will be well saturated and will be ready for baking.
8. The baking dish should be lined with foil and greased with vegetable oil. When the fish is ready, place it in a mold and send it to the oven for half an hour.
9. A few minutes before the end of cooking, sprinkle the fish with grated cheese and send it back to the oven.
It is best to serve the fish hot, garnished with herbs or vegetables. Of the side dishes, boiled rice or potatoes are best complemented by fish.