If you don’t have anything for tea and you don’t want to run to the store, then the recipe for making cakes with cottage cheese and green onions will help you out. They turn out very tasty, by the way, they can be served not only with tea, but just like that as a quick snack.
To prepare such cakes, you need to use fresh green onions and homemade cottage cheese. You can make these cakes sweet and add sugar instead of onions. You need to fry the cakes in a dry pan or just grease it with vegetable oil.
- Kefir with any percentage of fat – 100 ml.
- Green onions – to taste.
- Cottage cheese – 100 g.
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Salt – 1 pinch in the dough and to taste in the filling.
- Soda – 0.5 tsp
- Flour – 300-370 g.
- Vegetable oil – for greasing the pan.
How to cook:
1. Pour kefir into a bowl, you can preheat it a little, but this is not important. Beat an egg to kefir, add salt. Mix everything very well.
2. Add soda. Stir.
3. Pour in the flour.
4. Now knead the dough. Leave it on for 20 minutes.
5. Add chopped green onions and salt to the curd. Mix the stuffing very well. You can use a regular kitchen fork for this purpose.
6. Divide the dough into equal-sized pieces. Press each well with your hand. Spread the green onion curd filling.
7. Fasten to the center of the edge, turn the resulting ball over to the other side and roll it well with a rolling pin.
8. Now heat the pan well. Put the cake and fry it over moderate heat for 1-2 minutes on each side.
9. Stack the finished cakes with cottage cheese and green onions on a dish and serve them to the table.
Enjoy your meal!