We offer today to cook a quick grilled eggplant appetizer. It’s simple, but thanks to the fragrant filling, these eggplants turn out delicious.
To make your eggplant dish always tasty and delicate in taste, choose young fruits and without seeds. Give preference to long eggplants, soft when pressed on the skin (there are no seeds in these yet).
- Eggplant – 4-5 pcs.
- Salt – to taste.
- Olive oil – 50 ml.
- Lemon – 1 pc.
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves.
- Parsley – 2-3 sprigs.
- Cilantro – to taste.
- Dill – to taste.
- Ground pepper – to taste.
- Processed cheese – 50-100 g.
- Nuts – to taste.
How to cook:
1. Rinse the eggplants with water, the stalks can be left, or cut with a knife.
2. Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise. You can make notches on the surface of the eggplant pulp with a knife.
3. Lubricate the grill pan dipped in vegetable oil with a silicone bone and heat it well. Place the eggplant on the grill. Cook eggplant on both sides until golden brown and soft.
4. While the eggplants are baking, you can prepare the fragrant filling. To do this, send a little olive oil to the bowl. Squeeze half the juice of a lemon or lime into the oil, you can replace it with apple cider vinegar (1-2 tablespoons).
5. Add a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of salt to the bowl. Finely chop the garlic and parsley with other herbs, add to the filling. Use spices to taste. Dry aromatic herbs can also be used here (Provencal or Italian herbs).
6. Stir the resulting filling with a spoon, taste it.
7. Remove the pan from the stove and brush the still hot eggplants with the filling, let it soak.
8. Finely chop the melted cheese and add on top of the eggplant. Dry the nuts in a pan and finely chop in a mortar, sprinkle the eggplant.
Serve these eggplant warm or as a cold appetizer. When serving eggplant, you can also sprinkle with additional grated hard cheese.
Enjoy your meal!