French salad with beets and potatoes is a delicious and very healthy dish, despite the fried potatoes in its composition. This salad is suitable for lovers of fresh vegetables, and more specifically, carrots, cucumbers and beets. It turns out that the dish will not overload the stomach, and besides, it will add useful vitamins and a lot of fiber to the diet. By the way, potatoes for salad can be baked in the oven – then the dish will turn out even healthier.
- Potatoes – 2 pcs.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Carrot – 1 pc.
- Fresh cucumber – 1 pc.
- Beijing cabbage – 1 leaf.
- Chicken fillet – 100 g.
- Beets (small) – 1 pc.
- Mayonnaise – 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Salt – 3 pinches.
- Spices – 3 pinches.
- Fresh herbs – 3-4 branches.
How to cook:
1. Peel the potatoes with a vegetable peeler, cut into thin sticks.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan for frying. Fry the potatoes for 7-10 minutes over medium heat.
Don’t forget to lightly salt.
3. Peel fresh carrots and cut into thin strips.
4. Wash a fresh cucumber, check for bitterness, and then also cut into thin strips.
5. Mentally divide a large flat dish into 6 sectors. On one of them, carefully lay out the chopped carrots, next to the cucumber.
6. Put fried potatoes near the cucumber.
7. Wash the Beijing cabbage leaf, then remove excess moisture with napkins. Cut only the green part of the leaf.
8. Put chopped cabbage on a dish near the potatoes.
9. Boiled chicken meat (you can fillet) cut into thin strips or cubes.
10. Lay the chicken pieces near the sector with carrots.
11. Fresh small beets clean, wash and cut into strips. Put in the remaining free space on the dish.
12. Place mayonnaise of any fat content in the center of the salad.
Just before serving, the salad can be salted, peppered, garnished with sprigs of fresh herbs.
Enjoy your meal!