A simplified version of the famous meat in French – potatoes with the same name will surely appeal to your family and friends. The recipe will be appreciated by the busy hostess, because in half an hour you will have a full dinner ready for the whole family. The dish can also be served for a Sunday lunch or a small family gathering. All products are available, the proportions can be adjusted based on your preferences.
French fries cooked in a frying pan. Choose non-stick cookware with high sides, a large diameter, and a tight lid. As a meat base, it is allowed to choose poultry fillet or meat part of pork (loin or neck). For the recipe, you will need potatoes of medium starchy varieties and low-melting cheese with a classic taste. Adjust the quantity and proportions of spices and spicy components to taste.
- Potatoes – 0.6 kg.
- Pork (neck) – 0.45 kg.
- Hard cheese – 40 g.
- Tomato – 150 g.
- Onion – 40 g.
- Mayonnaise – 5 g.
- Garlic – 5 g.
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
- Vegetable oil – 30 ml.
How to cook:
1. Clean the meat from films, rinse in running water, dry. Cut the pork into oblong pieces.
2. Peel potatoes, wash. Chop vegetables into chunks.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan. Put the meat in hot oil, fry on both sides until golden brown. Put the potatoes to the meat, continue to fry over medium heat until almost cooked.
4. Chop the onion into half rings. Put onion with finely chopped garlic in a pan. Cook 2 minutes.
5. Peel the sepals from the tomatoes, cut into semicircles. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer in the skillet.
6. Apply a mesh of mayonnaise.
7. Sprinkle tomatoes with grated fire cheese. Reduce to a minimum and cook the dish under the lid until the cheese is melted.
8. Carefully transfer the cooked dish to a serving plate with two spatulas. Decorate the potatoes in French style with herbs and serve immediately.
The dish looks appetizing, has a pleasant meat taste with a cheese aftertaste. It is better not to store French-style potatoes, the dish is good with heat.